1. History is a thing of such unimaginable complexity and unexpected consequences that it is next to impossible to know if you are doing the right thing.
2. You never know about economics, and making assumptions will often lead to humiliation or error.
3. The anti-globalist movement, though admirable and well-intentioned, is as doomed as Luddism, unless there is some sort of huge global catastrophe, which may or may not happen and may or may not be a good thing.
4. Libertarianism, Objectivism, and other manifestations of the contract-consecrated, absolutist, ultra-capitalist, anti-communal, individualist mode of thought are stupid. As the problematic Boyd Rice says, we live in a world where people fantasize that they could make their way on their word and their skills, when in fact most of us couldn't even make a pencil on our own if we had to, let alone the things on which we've come to depend in this society.
5. When I don't bring a book, my mind tends to wander when I'm walking to work.