2. When you offer people an evasive or cranky option, by God, they're going to take it.
3. Even fewer people will admit to being rich than will admit to having voted for George W. Bush. (And yet, here we are!)
4. 80% of the population of the United States is middle-class.
5. A lot of the answers given to this poll seem contradictory to me.
6. My friends list, inadequate as a neutral sample size as it may be, appears to bear out the finding that our generation will not achieve mobility. Possibly because we spend all our time dicking around on the internet instead of working.
7. There was a tie on the "what makes people rich?" question between "not having to work" and "making more than $500k a year"'; oddly, no one at all selected "being in the top tax bracket", an indicator specifically designed to apply only to the rich.
8. I will be borrowing money from at least 24 of you after your parents die.
9. mckennl was right.
10. People sure do like telling me how I should have made the polls differently.
What is your race? (Check all that apply.)
If you checked more than one box above, do you self-identify as "mixed-race"?
Have you ever had a sexual relationship with a person of a different race than your own?
What do you believe "race" means?
Do you think you are a racist?
Have you ever confronted members of your family or your friends about what you perceived to be racist statements or behaviors?
The author of this poll is half-Arab and half-white; although many people deny that "Arab" is a racial category (or at least a racial category separate from "white"), he self-identifies as "mixed-race" and does not like to self-identify as "white". Is this lame?
*: For the purposes of this poll**, you are free to self-identify racially however you like, but I will be annoyed if you do so as, say, "Native American" because your great-great-great-great-grandmother once made out with a Cherokee. I defer here to those forward-thinking racial philosophers, the Nazis, who didn't take racial makeup back any farther than the grandparents.
**: Note also my deep meta-irony by using this horrifically racist icon of self-made Asian caricature Johnny Yune for the purposes of the poll! God, I'm clever.
- Pictures of male porn stars taken out of context
- Guns I have owned or would like someday to own
- Further forgotten cereal mascots of the past
- Cornball four-color crimefighters with nationalistic motifs
- Heroic athletes of the Soviet Union and affiliated satellite slave-states
What icon set should I use in July?