I have been unspeakably busy at work lately, then lots of freelancing and other writing, and then -- AND THEN -- various other things. So you can see what a bunch of no-updating from me.
My favorite friend, ex-roommate and all-around super gal thaitea
came to visit me over the weekend. It is a testament to the power of our friendship, because she is the only person ever to visit me since I moved to San Antonio. In fact, she is the first person other than me ever to set foot in my apartment
, which is so pathetic I'm going to go kill myself. But before I do, some things we did during her visit:
- Talked. Blah blah cats politics blah art culture blah job Texas blah snow blah. I'm a man who likes to talk to a gal who likes to talk!
- Ate. Out: at Picante Grill (where I had this goddamn unbelievable puerco verde
); at Tong's Thai (SATX's only vendor of bubble tea that I know of); at Jim's Cafe (FLAP STACKERS!); at Thousand Oaks Diner (meat); and, during a side trip to Austin, at the world famous Salt Lick BBQ, way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere.
- Watched. There Will Be Blood
, both fantastic films in their own right -- cementing for me the belief that for once, the hype is justified: 2007 really was an incredibly year for movies. Reruns of Heroes
. YouTube. And Hank Sugarman's Around the House
. YIPPITY YO!
- Bought. Books, clothes, beads. Shopped at Half Price Books, Eisenhauer Flea Market, H.E. Butt, and other fine purveyors of consumer whatnots.
- Saw. The Alamo, a couple of parks, the city of Austin and three of its finest denizens (oilyrags
, and thehighhat
, whose wife and kiddies also significantly brightened our day out).
Other things were eaten, watched, seen, bought and/or talked about, but mostly it was just nice to see my friend again. I miss her, my cats, and my city of Chicago very much, and I'm very grateful she came down to say hi.