1. the works of James T. Farrell
2. the music of Big Black
3. Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library
4. Studs Terkel's Division Street: America
5. Fanfare for the Warriors by the Art Ensemble of Chicago
6. Nelson Algren's The Man with the Golden Arm
7. The Blues Brothers
8. watching a Chicago White Sox game
9. Boss by Mike Royko
10. "Ill Advisory", All Natural
Note this is very preliminary. So, over to you:
(a) If you're a Chicagoan, what art/music/movies/TV shows/books/etc. seem to you to most reflect this town?
(b) If you're from elsewhere, what art/music/movies/TV shows/books/etc. are most "real" and representative of where you're from?