1. It's too bad ninafarina doesn't use LJ much anymore, because that means she'll probably miss me saying that she's kind and patient and lovely and brainy and all-around fucking terrific.
2. Minneapolis-St. Paul: first time I've been there in a few years. We went to the Walker Sculpture Garden on an absolutely gorgeous day, and had dinner at a pretty solid German restaurant (thanks, northern Europe, for all the good food!). The Open Book Center also seemed pretty keen, although much of it was closed. There was a Vikings game and the streets were filled with football yutzes, but I didn't care. There is also a street up there called Cretin Avenue, which caused me an inapproprite degree of mirth.
3. Speaking as I sometimes do in these boring posts about the weather, we're finally having a late-September Chicago day here in Chicago in late September. The weather has been ridiculously gorgeous lately, almost inspiring me to turn into one of those horrible assholes who say "Fuck global warming, man, it's October 9th and it's 74 degrees! WHOOOOOO". Today, though, it's gunmetal gray clouds menacing your head and strong winds threatening to pitch you into a river. Depressingly beautiful and the color of rust and dull silver: that's my Chicago.
4. I interacted with a child this weekend, and neither of us died. I dunno what that means, but it means something.
5. This cold has turned me into a total sad little clown. I slept for about 14 hours yesterday, which is just pathetic. If I hadn't had such a nice weekend I would be a completely whiny fuck-knuckles today, but instead, here is one result of a Google image search I did for "summer cold". It appears to be a Choose Your Own Adventure book written for porn freaks. Enjoy.