All of which is not to say I have nothing to do; I've got plenty of writing to keep me occupied. But for once, and for a very brief period, it's not freelance writing, and so I don't have a crushing deadline ahead of me. So, barring the stuff I have to do this week (work for a couple of hours on Saturday, a reading Saturday night*, and taping another radio show Sunday morning), I may actually be able to get some other stuff done this week. Stuff like:
- actually possibly seeing some of my friends
- playing Cities & Knights of Catan with rum_holiday (Friday? Sunday?)
- finally getting some work done on my crappy novel
- starting work on a collaborative humor book with someone
- getting some work done on another book collaboration with a different someone
- selecting some Ludic Log pieces to put into a collection I wanna pitch
- reviewing some restaurants
- working on yet another collaboration -- this one a comic book script
- making a doctor's appointment
- finally updating the Ludic Log after a thousand years
- shopping around a couple of short stories
Actually, that makes it seem like I'm busier than ever. Well, fuck.
ANYWAY to me, this seems like I have huge endless vistas of bountiful time stretching out ahead of me. Given the time-strains I've looked at for the last couple of weeks or months or whatever these things are that just ended, it seems like a vacation. Sometime next week I'll have to get on the stick as far as freelancing goes and start pitching some more stuff, and someday after there is peace on earth, all men live as brothers, and candy grows from dandelion trees, there will be a new issue of the High Hat for me to edit. But for now, I'm free like Roger Daltrey, only not so short.
*: Saturday night the 19th of February, 8:00PM, Quimby's Queer Store (1854 W. North Avenue, Chicago), Sanitary and Ship release party sponsored by Diatribe Media, featuring me and others. Be there!