1. Hates liberation theology even more than JP2 did.
2. Was a member of the Hitler Youth and very well may have killed Allied pilots.
3. Totally blew his chance to become Pope American Milk Solids Council I.
GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE NEW POPE:
1. No pointless period of getting one's hopes up that he'll be any kind of force for progressivism.
2. Will die soon, leading to more fun guess-the-Pope speculation.
3. During my research about him, I unearthed this amazing sentence:
In May 1985, Ratzinger notified Franciscan Fr. Leonardo Boff that he was to be silenced.
Boff, by the way, was urged to bring Ratzinger up on charges of HERESY! How cool is that?