- Reefer Madness
- Rona Jaffe's Mazes and Monsters
- the punk rock episode of "Quincy, M.E."
- the punk rock episode of "C.hI.P.S."
- the Newsweek article about rap from the late '80s
- a handful of movies from the '60s about hippies, especially Wild in the Streets
- Richard Allen's alarmist pulp novels about mods, rockers and punks (Suedehead, Punk, Skinhead, etc.)
My question to you is: what else should I use? I'd especially be interested in any alarmist popcult about rap, metal, or geek subcultures (hackers, sci-fi, Wicca, etc.). It has to have the tinge of moral panic about it (that is, the reaction must be way, WAY overblown compared to the provocation), and it shouldn't be non-fiction; I'm only looking for pop cultural portrayals.
Help me out and I'll spend some of the money I get buying you beer. (Also, if anyone HAS Richard Allen's books, the book -- not the movie -- of Mazes & Monsters, or the punk rock episode of "C.hI.P.S.", I'd love to borrow/buy them. I got all the other stuff.)