- Last night, thaitea came up with a really neat idea, and I said I was going to post it on my LJ and see what people thought of it. Can I now remember what it was? Of course not.
- Also last night, I did a bit of revision to the script for issue #0 of The Stand-Ins, as well as a tiny couple of pages of issue #1. (I also did some Dargerverse background materials, to keep my geek muscles toned.) Hopefully I can distress calamityjon with this stuff some time next week. (Slightly distressed Calamity Jon is on sale! Stock up and save!)
- Also also last night, I read the IMDB message boards about Apocalypse Now. This exchange summarized my own complex feelings about the film:
"jmlji93": This is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST AWFUL VIETNAM MOVIE!! Watch a Vietnam film that actually shows AMERICA WINNING AT LEAST. The Vietnam film to watch is..."THE GREEN BERETS" (1968) with John Wayne!!
"maitrautsav": ok jmlji93....you seriously are the most ignorant and stupid person ever.....your stupidity is vast dude.you call apocalypse now a bad film....IN CAPITAL LETTERS....you are so wack dude....you probably did'nt appreciate it cuz it was so disturbing...it is truly the best war film ever....so.see you and stay stupid...makes you look and seem like a git.
- The only thing said to me directly by the 90-year-old man (dressed in stylish navy blue blazer, driving cap and poofy cravat!) with whom I shared the shuttle van ride from Minneapolis to Eau Claire: "I'm 90 years old!" Says it all, really.
- I'm having a patio sale probably soon, and I want to give some of you nerds first crack at swag. There's gonna be lots of videotapes (remember them?), some of geek interest; some toys; a few comics (albeit shitty ones); craploads of CDs; and some books. Anyone interested, drop a comment and I'll make a special filter. Also, is the July 4th holiday weekend a GREAT time to have a sale, or a STUPID time? Sound off.
Yes, this is my worst posting day ever. I'm very sorry.