- The awesome thing about Strom is that he was so goddamn old. He was a senator when he was 100 years old.
- I mean, sure, he was a horrible person, but old=funny, so that trumps his racism and sexism and homophobia.
- So wouldn't it be awesome if there was a legal requirement that at least, say, a dozen members of congress at any given time had to be at least a hundred years old?
- Or better yet, if you live to be 100, you automatically get made a congressman!
- And you can pass any legislation you want. Automatically. Just any crazy fucking thing that pops into your doddering old head. So you constantly have stuff like the "Damn Kids Get Off My Property Act of 2005" or the "McPherson-Hammersley Softer Pudding Laws" or the official "Remember That One Cousin of Yours Back in '52, Young Andrew, Who Wore the Blue Hat?" measure.
- Which, I think we can all agree, would be hilarious.
- Sure, some people would call it a gerontocracy, but think of all the time it would save Willard Scott.
So, the questions are: when will solipsiae turn this into a hilarious sketch comedy piece? And how can we best facilitate this actually happening as soon as possible?