2. In order to make exploiting, enslaving and/or oppressing the ethnic minorities easier, spend a great deal of time dehumanizing them; remind people at every opportunity that they are unintelligent, unsophisticated, uncivilized, dangerous, and probably subhuman.
3. Once the majority population has become accustomed to exploiting and dehumanizing the minority population, and once they have begun to believe that they are a threat to the public order, ensure that they actually become a threat to the public order by denying them basic civil rights, marginalizing or suppressing their culture, and isolating them geographically in ghettos or impoverished areas.
4. When the conditions you have created begin to have negative socioeconomic repercussions on multiple levels, resist all attempts to address them through state aid. Imply that the conditions in which minority populations live is their own fault, and could be avoided through hard work and dedication alone. Decry progressive social engineering on the left while claiming that social engineering on the right is not actually social engineering at all.
5. At this point, a small number of radicals, criminals, opportunists, and desperate elements within the minority population will begin engaging in violent anti-social behavior. Exaggerate the importance of these behaviors so as to further unnerve the majority; this will allow you to apply greater police control to the minority population, exacerbating the problems and further hindering social progress.
6. Eventually your police force, who has been trained to fear and dislike the minority population as much as anyone else, will go too far in their control techniques, committing a public outrage of some sort. This will lead to widespread civil unrest, perhaps even rioting, but do not panic: this will simply ‘prove’ that the minority population is as dangerous as you’ve said it was all along, and provide you with an excuse to exert even more police control.
7. Rinse. Repeat, using the same minority population or a new one as suits your taste and means.