1. About a year ago, I had to go to this event downtown, and while I was there, someone broke the passenger side-view mirror off of my car. Why? Who knows? They didn't try and break into the car, and there was no other damage to the vehicle, and it couldn't have been a passing car, because the passenger side was facing the sidewalk. Someone just walked by, and for goodness knows what reason, broke the mirror housing off of my car. I still have the thing in my trunk, but hadn't gotten around to replacing it, because I still had the driver's-side mirror.
Well, not anymore.
This morning, when I left my apartment, I saw that during the night, someone had busted the driver's-side mirror off of the ChickWagon. Unlike the other mirror, it's still attached, but it's dangling from the guywires that connect it to the adjustment lever. Again, there was no sign of a break-in, and there's no other damage to the rest of the car, so I have to assume someone, once again, just busted the thing off. So now, with a trip to Minnesota three days away, I have no side-view mirrors on my car at all. There's no time to fix it before the trip, so I'm going to try gluing or taping it in place -- but as soon as I get back, I have to get this done. It's not safe as is. And the couple of bodyshops I've talked to tell me that it's gonna be at least $200 to fix -- fifty each for the mirrors, plus labor, which will be less if it's an easy fix or more if they have to take the doors off. Merry Christmas!
I normally try not to sweat this kind of thing, this sort of petty vandalism -- but this is so pointless. Why on earth would someone do such a thing? It's not even gutsy like smashing the windows. It's a total dick move, and now I'm out a chunk of money and driving around in an unsafe car until I can fix it. MAN am I pissed about this. If only my life wasn't generally great, I'd have an apoplexy or something.
2. Here is why there are no photos of me in my new dragon t-shirt courtesy of Calamity Jon.
- My digital camera has inexplicably stopped working.
- Even if it did work, I cannot find the cable that connects it to the computer and allows me to upload photos.
- Also it turns out that it is not a dragon, but rather a griffin or a lion or something, which I would have noticed if I wasn't a dimwit.
Of course, I look great in it, but no one will ever know, because of my fucking camera not working. Consumer Reports tells me that with digital cameras, it's almost always better to replace them than repair them. So yay! There's another couple hundred bucks down the toilet! Merry Christmas!
3. I guess that's really all I have to complain about. Merry Christmas! My ass hurts!