- Having an order at Outback Steakhouse (clap clap clapclapclap) turn out 66% wrong, but also getting a free frozen peach drink thing that was kind of like a mildly alcoholic Slurpee.
- Drinking Tom & Jerry's made by ninafarina's dad and playing Trivial Pursuit on the floor
- Cuddling up with my gal and discussing the dramatic impact of Ethan Hawk's goofy hat in Hamlet
- Sitting in an emergency care clinic and having everyone in the joint assume that I beat my girlfriend
- A pretty-good-if-I-say-so-myself Christmas dinner of glazed ham with apricots, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and Basque pepper & rice soup
- Lunch at the Good Earth with my honey and her kid, with highlights including a great sesame flatbread and their house tea
- Thinking and talking about the future
- That one obvious thing that I'm not gonna go into any detail about but yeah
- Watching ninafarina's cats flip out over the crunchy poms they got for Christmas
- Just generally spending a wonderful weekend with the two gals I love most
LI'L DUCE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Walking over piles of snow and ice saying "I'm on top of the mountain!"
- Saying, in response to my inquiry about whether she wanted to go to REI, "No! I'm not a baby!"
- Playing with a toy mop in a way that she will probably never want to play with a real mop
- Surprising me with the revelation that I can actually get sick of watching The Simpsons
- Falling asleep in my arms for the first time
- A nifty book about hiking in, around, and near the Twin Cities from my gal's parents
- Dennis DiClaudio's new book (which is very funny) from my gal
- A swell coupon book/indie guide/green living catalog for the TCs from my gal
- Another thing from my gal which will remain secret for the time being but which is totally awesome
- A book of basic writings of Nietzsche and a Miles Davis CD from Doug & Andrea
- Some martini glasses and the DVD of Wisconsin Death Trip from my boss
- A whole box o' swag from calamityjon, including some Black Bee pepper sauce, some Hamuchan notepaper for Li'l' Duce, an elfocentric minicomic, and this amazing book of essays, quotes, articles, and short humor on the subject of drinking, written in 1957 by a ton of British humorists, artists and writers, and featuring some really keen illustrations
Well, I guess I better get back to work. I have at least 2 hours worth of stuff to do and the place is now jam-packed with two other people besides me. I hope you kids had as fine a Christmas as I did.