- Today is one of those days where it's not even that cold, but you just can't seem to warm up. You know what I mean? No, YOU'RE crazy!
- Can we all agree that the top story of 2005 is that John Byrne thinks blonde Latin women look whorey?
- Considering the fact that it's a holiday weekend, I have way too much stuff to do. Including a rather massive amount of drinking. But don't worry, folks! I'll be drinking in a professional capacity! Everything is under control!
- Anyone who likes jazzy, cleverly done indie rap ought to check out Modill's Midnight Green, dropping Jan. 10th. Good stuff by some Chicago heads. This town is starting to really make a noise in hip-hop, and it's about goddamn time.
- Former British ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray is going public with memos about how the US and UK coordinated torture -- including that of innocent children -- with our good buddy Islam Karimov in aid of the war on terror. This is what we're doing in the name of freedom, folks. Murray's defying a gag order by printing this memos, so he could well go to jail for it; read them if you can.
- A lot of delightfully mean-spirited websites are doing their "Best Crazy Right-Wing Vaporing of the Year" awards, which has reminded me of several of my favorite gas-from-the-past hits from the dingbat contingent. Nominate YOUR favorites too!
JONAH GOLDBERG: I would love to go fight in Iraq, but you see, I am married with children and over 30. Plus my family is used to a certain level of comfort in their lifestyle.
BILL WHITTLE: I am part of the Gray Tribe, not the Pink Tribe, and we build bridges and don't whine about our feelings and also we don't rape people in the SuperDome.
GLENN REYNOLDS: Evidence of the cultural and moral bankruptcy of the modern liberal can be found in Ward Churchill's dirty hippie haircut.
CAROL PLATT LIEBAU: No Democrat has actually made this argument, but if they did, wouldn't that be just awful?
JOHN DERBYSHIRE: Only a truly honest man like me, who was friends with Bruce Lee and can speak truth to power, is brave enough to admit that women over age 20 have gross saggy tits.
VOX DAY: Even though I think rape is often the woman's fault and that date rape is largely a myth, I am moral enough to admit that only Christians are ethically developed enough to acknowledge that rape is evil.
DENNIS PRAGER: I think women are great, even though they are prone to fainting spells and incapable of rational thought.