Anyway, here goes.
Leave a list of 10 fictional characters in your journal that you would love to get a message from. It is your friend-list's mission, should they choose to accept it, to write you an in-character "letter" from a character on that list. Then they post their own list in their journal and the process continues!
1. Lou Ford (from Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me)
2. Philip Marlowe (from Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep and others)
3. Oedipa Maas (from Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49)
4. Stephen Dedalus (from James Joyce's Ulysses and others)
5. Vardaman Bundren (from William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying)
6. Emma Bovary (from Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary)
7. The Underground Man (from Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Notes from Underground)
8. Tristram Shandy (from Laurence Sterne's The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman)
9. Ignatius J. Reilly (from John Kennedy Toole's Confederacy of Dunces)
10. Guy Grand (from Terry Southern's The Magic Christian)
Note the absence of Bruce Wayne or Dr. Doom. I'm not giving you bastards the easy way out.