- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5 tomatoes, drained, chopped and cooked
- 2 tbsp minced capers
- 1/2 cup Empeltre olives, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lb lake whitefish
1. Heat oil and saute onion until tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, capers, olives, red pepper and parsley. Bring to light boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Spread half of tomato mixture in a baking dish and arrange whitefish filets in a single layer. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with remaining tomato mixture.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is flaky at 400 degrees. Baste once with tomato mixture while baking.
4. Serve with a huge jug of martinis to ensure you don't get any work done after you eat.
I forgot to take any pictures of this, so instead, here's a picture of a whitefish and a person from Livorno.