- Chili does not contain beans. It should barely contain tomatoes.
- It is not possible to use too much garlic. It is entirely possible to use too many hot chilies.
- People who avoid pork are foolish.
- Anchovies are perhaps the most underrated food in modern kitchens.
- Most vinaigrettes get the proportions all wrong. As an addendum, it's a waste of money to buy salad dressings.
- Bread has almost no place in a rich multi-course meal. It's the most overused table item imaginable.
What are your culinary heresies?