by America, age 12
1. Rappers often boast bout their sexual prowess, artistic ability, and dangerous character, which no other musicians have ever done!
2. Rappers tend to view women exclusively in terms of sexual conquest (positive) or tendency to sow discord (negative), which is something new and dangerous in popular music!
3. Rappers are enamored of violence and bad behavior, an attitude otherwise unknown in American culture!
4. Some people who listen to rap music are fetishizing the behavior of a socio-economic class to which they do not belong, which is a behavior entirely unprecedented in the history of the United States!
5. Rappers glorify materialism and the acquisition and consumption of expensive consumer goods, and we simply cannot tolerate that within our capitalist system!
6. Rap music is not, in fact, music at all, but rather a pastiche made up of elements borrowed from other musical forms, something that has never happened before in all of recorded sound!
7. A large amount of rap music is not actually very good, a phenomenon totally alien to all other forms of music!
8. In rap music, the most thoughtful, intelligent, groundbreaking work is often commercially unsuccessful, in marked contrast to all other forms of artistic endeavor!
9. The people responsible for the production, distribution and sale of rap music seem more concerned about maximizing their profits than considering the social effect it has on our culture, which is certainly not something you can say about all other industries!
10. Rap music has a lot of black people in it!