I will have more later, including pictures and so forth, but for now:
- I cannot thank manningkrull enough for putting me up while I'm here. He's a terrific host and a good friend and without him I wouldn't be here.
- On the other hand, despite having succumbed last night, he somehow resisted my attempts to get him drunk tonight. So I had to drink a lot of the liquor that by all rights should be poisoning his liver. Bastard.
- My French, while slightly less terrible than I thought it was, is still terrible. By way of example, I had come up with this elegant and clever way of saying "I am an American and my French is terrible", but I forgot it.
- I'm already dreading leaving this place, I shit you not.
- All the time I have been here, I have spent getting drunk, gaping at gorgeous old buildings, soaking in the liquid weight of 2000 years of history, eating astonishingly good food, and falling in love with every woman I see. If there's a better way to spend one's time, I don't know about it, and I don't want to know about it.
More later. Bon nuit, mes amis plus merveilleux, bon beaucoup nuit.