The Malkinoids, to a man sub-moronic right-wing movementarians, were apparently blissfully ignorant of the existence of /b/tards and the like until just now, and they've worked themselves into an utter tizzy trying to figure out what can be done about them. Here are some of the hilarious highlights:
- the innumerable posts which suggest that 4chan is a site populated by/controlled by "liberals"
- the belief, which by the 50th comment or so has become an article of faith, that Gawker Media (which broke key aspects of the story) is somehow affiliated with/allied with 4chan
- the suggestion that somehow Yahoo!, instead of Sarah Palin's bad judgment, is at fault, and that they should be criminally culpable (immediately followed by suggestions that they, too, are part of the liberal conspiracy)
- the usual hilarious misunderstanding of all the technology involved displayed by people whose only computer skill involves hitting 'post' in a comment box, as typified by the guys who believe that the account was "hacked" when in fact the /b/tard simply used readily available information to slip in via the 'lost password' feature
- the appearance of some blue-haired old lady types who were tempted by the article to go look at 4chan message boards and are now traumatized for life
- the complete and utter lack of discussion of why someone with as much power as these huckleberries claim Sarah Palin has would use Yahoo! as her primary e-mail platform
- and, of course, since it wouldn't be the internet without a bunch of phony tough guys, endless posts about how by cracky if THEY were in charge they'd show these 5chang punks a thing or two and if anyone ever tried to hack the internet on THEM they would hunt them down with their .49 Magrum and blow their faces off
Honestly, folks, this is hilarious stuff regardless of your political affiliation.
EDIT: More of it:
- the somewhat shockingly large number of people who think it would be appropriate to enact the death penalty against the guy who did this (one person even suggests torturing him to death on live television)
- the not so shockingly large number of people who express a curious delight at the notion of the perpetrator getting raped in prison
- a number of posters gathered up personal information -- including stuff about his family and his contact information -- on the 4chan dipshit and posted it to the MM comment thread, which is funny, because, well, isn't that basically what they're mad at him for doing in the first place?
- just to show I'm not being totally nonpartisan here, this sentence, which is just a perfect distillation of the moron fuel these guys run on: "Maybe the black hole of taxing, Obama, will serve you some arugula at the next Hollywood elite fund raiser." (Lest you wonder, the emphasis on 'black hole' when referring to Obama is not mine, but that of the original poster.)
- also, there's a dude who points out that Donald Trump has pledged his support to John McCain, and the dude says this is a big get, and that he hopes Trump does some pro-McCain ads in battleground states. Which is awesome, because honestly, if you're trying to sell your message that Obama is a dirty rotten elitist to the heartland, who better to sell it than a real estate billionaire from New York City who's famous for firing people and for launching a crusade against hot dog vendors? That's totally relateable!