The kooks over at NRO and other right-wing crazy sites, though, they’re all offering their own unique interpretations to the event:
- John McCain totally won the debate.
- John McCain partially won the debate.
- John McCain won the debate, but the liberal media is covering it up.
- John McCain may or may not have won the debate, but Sarah Palin is the REAL candidate, and she totally won her debate, no matter what the polls said.
- John McCain lost the debate, but it’s not as bad as it seems, because polls show that among white males, he only lost by 2%! That’s practically a win.
- John McCain lost the debate because the debate format is rigged in favor of liberals.
- John McCain lost the debate because the audience was filled with Obama plants.
- John McCain would have won the debate if he’d only brought up how corrupt Democrats are and how Obama is friends with anti-American terrorists*.
- John McCain lost the debate because he is not conservative enough.
See? Politics is easy. All you have to do is dream.
*: Frankly, I’d LOVE to see them bring this one up; there’s no way that John “Keating Five” McCain, Sarah “Bridge to Nowhere” Palin and the party of Tom DeLay and Jack Abramoff are going to win an argument about corruption, and of the four people currently running for executive office, only one is married to a guy who belongs to a radical separatist movement.