- I finished up my coverage of the SxSW film festival in Austin.
- I reviewed more episodes of Kings, the fascinating but doomed NBC drama. I also stood in for zulkey with a couple of reviews of American Idol.
- I offered up some comic book reviews with my AVC betters, and contributed to inventories about concept albums and posthumous projects.
- I interviewed the divine Ms. Isabella Rossellini.
- I instituted a new column in which I contemplate the cultural detritus I have accumulated over a lifetime, starting with a huge box of Destroyer novels.
- I wrote a beginner's guide to the E Street Band.
- I contemplated Frank Black's lyrical obsessions.
- I enumerated my all-time favorite comic performances.
- I got drunk and discussed hookerbots, among other things.
- I interviewed one of San Antonio's two rappers.
And, in the world of things that aren't posted online, I reviewed a couple of restaurants, took a road trip to Waco to revisit the Branch Davidian massacre, wrote about the Canadian produce trade, covered the California water shortage, and asked truckers what they look for in a client. But you wouldn't have read that stuff anyway.
Cheers! I truly hope you're all well, and hope to be back in the posting habit come May.