- Why I own a custom-made Catan board.
- I interview Harold Bloom about Blood Meridian. I also gave my own thoughts on the book</a>.
- A primer on the many moods of heavy metal. I also recommended my favorite metal of the month.
- I tried out for Jeopardy!.
- I suggested good places to get started with kung fu movies.
- I interviewed Boots Riley and Tom Morello.
- I reviewed a bunch of comics.
- I contributed to Inventories about weird kids' shows, dumb pop-culture battles, crazy courtroom drama, depressing cinematic swan songs, and Woody Allen's blind spots. I also hipped readers to songs that make me think of summer, my favorite fictional realities, my favorite music of 2009 to date (okay, really I copped out of that one), videos that got me into a band, and my thoughts on Michael Jackson.
Also, keep watching this space, because with the willing cooperation of someone with some design sense and my one ability to shift my lazy ass, this blog will be undergoing a major revamp. Lots of new and regular content is on its way, so keep watching here and on Facebook and Twitter (links over there on the side) to keep being the best slavishly devoted Leonard Pierce geek you can be.
In other news, if it gets any hotter, something is going to die, and that's all there is to it.